Which companies are entitled to apply for ordinary membership?
Producers and manufacturers of fertilizers, fertilizer intermediates, their raw materials or intermediate products containing one or more of the major plant nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and sulphur) and/or secondary and/or micro-nutrients. Distributors of fertilizers, fertilizer intermediates, their raw materials or intermediate products, containing one or more of the major plant nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and sulphur) and/or secondary and/or micro-nutrients, which possess material dedicated fertilizer assets.
Subscription rates for ordinary members.
Producers and manufacturers (AoA 7.3.1)
The membership fee is assessed on the total annual delivered or sold tonnage of primary nutrients and/or secondary nutrients (e.g. sulphur) and/or micro-nutrients), for all uses (fertilizers and industrial):
- Quantities of nutrients contained in raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Quantities of nutrients contained in the fertilizer material, industrial material and feed-grade material.
- Quantities which are purchased and then sold as such, with no further processing or blending.
- Quantities internally used for downstream fertilizer manufacturing.
A separate calculation is made for primary nutrients (N, P2O5 and K2O), and for secondary nutrients and micro-nutrients. The minimum fee is € 5,775 (no ceiling for the maximum fee).
An additional fee of € 2,887.50 is applicable for companies that produce special products. Special products include slow- and controlled-release fertilizers, water-soluble fertilizers, liquid NPKs, stabilized fertilizers and micronutrients.
Distributors (AoA 7.3.2 and Article 3.4 of the Byelaws): Please contact the IFA Secretariat.
Applications are submitted twice a year to the General Meetings in May and in November/early December.
Withdrawal from membership:
- members of all classes may withdraw from membership at any time by giving three months’ notice in writing of their intention to do so and
- upon payment of all sums due to the Association.