Calling for Innovative Plant Nutrition Solutions!
IFA and Larta Organize World’s First Plant Nutrition Startup Showcase at the IFA Annual General Meeting
Following on from a successful collaboration at the 2018 Ag Innovation Showcase, which included a major focus on plant nutrition, IFA is pleased to partner again with the Larta Institute to host a Plant Nutrition Startup Showcase at our annual meeting in Montreal on June 11-13.
IFA2019 will assemble more than 1,000 executives from throughout the fertilizer value chain and from other organizations with an interest in plant nutrition.
7 cutting edge startups will be selected to exhibit in a dedicated start up corner, have the opportunity to meet with fertilizer company representatives from all around the globe, and compete for a $20,000 grand prize during a special pitch session.
The showcase will be a chance for IFA members to learn more about the AgTech startup ecosystem, meet up-and-coming companies and discover cutting-edge innovations.
Applications are now open for AgTech startups working on products or services which offer “plant nutrition solutions”, such as:
- A product or service which improves the access of smallholders to either fertilizers or to fertilizer know how
- A product or service which improves diagnosis of soil and plant nutrient status and allows for the greater finetuning of fertilizer recommendations
- A product or service which enhances the efficacy of plant nutrition products, facilitates balanced and precise plant nutrition or enhances nutrient uptake of crops while minimizing nutrient losses to the environment
- A new fertilizer product, e.g. from recycled resources, or a non-fertilizer product, which enhances nutrient uptake
- A product or service which facilitates information flow related to plant nutrition to farmers, across the value chain, or to the final consumer
For more information (or to apply by April 12) visit www.agshowcase.com and do please spread the word about this exciting opportunity to any AgTech startups in your network!