IFA is hiring
International Technical & Safety, Health, Environment Analyst (Fertilizer Industry)
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is creating a new position to support the work of its Technical & SHE (Safety, Health, Environment) Committee.
This Committee is composed of member companies’ executives from across the fertilizer value chain who work to promote sustainable fertilizer and raw materials production, product stewardship, site-specific environmental management and manufacturing-related benchmarking across the major nutrients.
The Technical & SHE Analyst position is based at the IFA headquarters in Paris, France, and will report to the Committee’s Director. The Analyst will actively communicate with specialists of member companies located around the world and will collaborate as needed with the Association’s other Committees and Services.
Under the supervision of the IFA’s Technical & SHE Committee Director, the Analyst will assist with several supporting tasks, including the development of new services for the IFA membership and the expansion of its stakeholder outreach activities.
The Technical & SHE Analyst will be involved in the management and coordination of the Committee’s work program, including:
- Providing technical assistance and project management support for its working groups and task forces, as well as the IFA’s certification and benchmarking efforts.
- Writing about plant safety, occupational health and production-related environmental issues for the IFA’s internal and external publications.
- Contributing technical knowledge to the IFA’s advocacy efforts with focus on fertilizer production/ manufacturing/mining and attending stakeholder meetings to represent this industry and/or the Association as necessary.
- Responding to ad-hoc technical inquiries and conducting customized technical research as required.
- Monitoring key Technical & SHE policy developments at a global level.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience. Knowledge of fertilizer and SHE production matters is a plus.
- Degree in chemical/metallurgical/process engineering preferred.
- Ability to learn and understand industrial processes and technical issues.
- Proven project management skills (i.e. ability to support working groups and task forces).
- Fluent in English (the working language of the IFA). Speaking French and other languages is an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to express yourself in public.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural context.
- Knowledge of and interest in international matters.
- Ability to travel internationally a few times a year.
Please send CV and cover letter to: recruitmentTECHSHE@fertilizer.org
We will contact only those candidates whose profile meets our requirements.
Anticipated starting date is 1st Quarter 2019.
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is a trade association representing the global fertilizer industry. IFA member companies represent all activities related to the production, trade, transport and distribution of every type of fertilizer, their raw materials and intermediates. IFA's membership also includes organizations involved in consulting, engineering, construction, agronomic research and training. IFA has some 542 members in about 81 countries. The global fertilizer industry produces some 170 million tons of fertilizer nutrients annually. These are used in every corner of the globe to support sustainable agricultural production and food security.
You can find this posting also on LinkedIn.