The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is looking for a highly experienced Executive Assistant to support the Director General (DG) and coordinate Member relations. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of relevant experience in an international and multicultural environment, and will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Director General of IFA and will work in close cooperation with the Directors of the other IFA services. He/she will be based at the IFA’s office in Paris and will commence his/her duties as soon as possible in 2021. EU nationality or work permit required.
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is the only global fertilizer association, with a membership of over 400 entities, encompassing all sectors in the fertilizer value chain: producers, traders, distributors, service providers, advisors, research organizations and NGOs. IFA promotes efficient and responsible production, distribution and use of plant nutrients to enable sustainable agricultural systems that contribute to a world free of hunger and malnutrition.
Market Analyst - Phosphates
Please, note that this is an active recruitment campaign despite the covid-19 pandemic.
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is looking for an experienced analyst and enthusiastic
individual to support IFA’s phosphate statistics programs, with a primary focus on supply and
international trade, as well as phosphate demand (including industrial, agricultural and special
products within the phosphate sector). This position is part of the Market Intelligence Service of
IFA. The Analyst will report to the Director of that service and will work in close cooperation with
other colleagues, including other Services at IFA. The position is based at IFA’s office in Paris.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of the Market Intelligence Service and in close
collaboration with the Programme Manager for the Supply, the Analyst will perform the following
- Manage phosphate statistics programs both on supply and demand, maintaining IFA’s
comprehensive global phosphate database up to date, expanding, improving and further
optimizing data management;
- Ensure comprehensive data collection of phosphate statistics from multiple/primary sources
on production, trade, consumption and capacities and timely publication of regular annual and
quarterly phosphate reports covering phosphoric acid, DAP, MAP, TSP, SSP and phosphate rock
in compliance with IFA’s anti-trust guidelines;
- Monitor the developments in the feedstock markets, including sulphuric acid and sulphur;
- Maintain and develop a global network of active phosphate correspondents/contributors,
expanding it further, as well as take part in launching new surveys as and when required;
- Contribute to the statistics collection of complex NPK compound fertilizers and Special Products
within the Phosphate Sector;
- Improve the coverage of the industrial phosphates data;
- Contribute to the global phosphate market analysis, monitor key and new trends, policy
developments, innovations in the sector;
- Represent IFA at conferences, including public speaking with presentations and webinars;
- Respond to IFA member enquiries in the phosphate sector.
- Advanced degree in economics, agriculture/agronomy, statistics.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in the fertilizer analysis/statistics.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills. Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and analyze data.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English (the working language of IFA). Other languages would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to build a network of contacts and collect information using this network.
- Ability to create new industry surveys from scratch.
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural context.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to travel internationally a few times a year.
The candidate must be a citizen of a European Union (EU) Member State, eligible to work in France.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to: recruitmentMI@fertilizer.org. We will contact only the candidates whose profile meets
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is the only global fertilizer association, with a
membership of about 500 entities, encompassing all sectors in the fertilizer value chain: producers,
traders, distributors, service providers, advisors, research organizations and NGOs. IFA promotes
the efficient and responsible production, distribution and use of plant nutrients to enable
sustainable agricultural systems that contribute to a world free of hunger and malnutrition.