IFA is hiring
Fertilizer Demand Analyst
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is looking for a dynamic individual to support IFA’s fertilizer demand statistics compilation and the implementation of IFA’s strategy in relation to fertilizer demand analysis, with a focus on special fertilizer products*. Special fertilizer products represent a fast-growing segment of the world fertilizer market.
This position is part of the newly created Market Intelligence Service of IFA. The Analyst will report to the Director of that service and will work in close cooperation with its direct colleagues, as well as with the Agriculture Service.
The position is based at IFA’s offices in Paris.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Market Intelligence Service, the Analyst will perform the following activities:
- Market analysis on demand for special products (50% of the time):
- Manage IFA’s annual assessment of global and regional demand for slow- and controlled-release, stabilized, water-soluble and liquid fertilizers, among others.
- Develop and monitor some key indicators for special products: area planted to fruits and vegetables, area under precision irrigation, area under greenhouses, etc.
- Monitor policy developments relative to special products in the key consuming markets.
- Assistance to the collection and processing of data on consumption of major nutrients worldwide, by product (IFASTAT Consumption Database) and by crop (Fertilizer Use By Crop) (25% of the time)
- Support the Agriculture Service in implementing the work programme of the IFA Working Group on Plant Nutrition Products (25% of the time):
- Developing the technical content of IFA’s communication on special products.
- Shaping the programme of conferences/sessions on special products, innovation and plant nutrition solutions organized/co-organized by IFA.
- Helping to develop the programme of an annual training on the production of special products.
- Participation in relevant initiatives and meetings and represent the industry as required.
- Advanced degree (Master or equivalent) in agriculture/agronomy or economics.
- Knowledge of crop nutrition and special products is an advantage.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in English (English is the working language of IFA). Speaking French and other IFA languages (Spanish, Russian, Chinese) would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to build a network and to collect information using this network (through telephone interviews, surveys, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural context.
- Knowledge of and interest in international matters.
- Ability to travel internationally a few times a year.
The candidate must be a citizen of a European Union (EU) Member State or have a working permit from an EU Member State.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to: recruitmentMI@fertilizer.org
The selection process will start in the beginning of March. We will contact only the candidates whose profile meets our requirements.
The International Fertilizer Association (IFA) is the only global fertilizer association, with a membership of about 500 entities, encompassing all actors in the fertilizer value chain: producers, traders, distributors, service providers, advisors, research organizations and NGOs. IFA promotes the efficient and responsible production, distribution and use of plant nutrients to enable sustainable agricultural systems that contribute to a world free of hunger and malnutrition.
* The term “special products” encompasses slow- and controlled-release, stabilized and water-soluble fertilizers, as well as micronutrients, biofertilizers and biostimulants, among others.