To provide authoritative information and statistics on supply, demand and trade of fertilizers and fertilizer raw materials and monitor developments that may impact future global fertilizer market..
- Provide accurate, timely and comprehensive statistics on capacities, production, consumption and trade of main fertilizer products, intermediates and raw materials;
- Assess current and future fertilizer supply and demand through reliable network of industry experts, robust methodologies, transparent assumptions and objective forecasts;
- Closely monitor developments, including innovation & R&D, that may impact plant nutrient consumption, production, distribution and trade and pro-actively expand statistics coverage taking into account new products and technologies;
- Interact with relevant organizations to gather and promote science- and fact- based information regarding nutrient products, markets and industries;
- Highlight the fertilizer industry’s contributions to meet growing food demand through capital investments, fertilizer application, responsible use of natural resources and commitment to open and fair international trade.
IFA’s Market Intelligence team provides the following services to the members:
- Statistics: Prepares regular comprehensive statistical reports and global databases on capacities, production, consumption and international trade of fertilizers and raw materials through regular surveys and global market assessments.
- Market Outlooks: Publishes comprehensive Market Outlook multi-nutrient reports (with a short-term and a medium-term horizon of 2 and 5 years respectively) focusing on fertilizer supply, demand and trade, as well as wider fundamental drivers such as agricultural, macroeconomic and environmental developments that have implications to the current status and forward evolution of the fertilizer industry.
- Webinars & Presentations: Prepares webinars and delivers presentations at the IFA and non-IFA conferences and events.
- Conferences: Organizes annual IFA Global Markets Conference (former Production and International Trade Conference), which is considered a major knowledge-sharing platform in the global fertilizer industry.
All publications, webinars and Market Outlook reports are available on IFASTAT, an online platform for fertilizer statistics. IFASTAT provides data in Excel and PDF, in Product and Nutrient tonnes. The data is made available not only to IFA member companies, but there is also a dedicated space for the general public (IFA’s global consumption database is public).