Production & International Trade
To provide authoritative information related to fertilizer supply and monitor developments that may impact future fertilizer output, distribution and trade.
- Provide accurate and timely information on production, shipment and trade statistics of main fertilizer products, intermediates and raw materials;
- Assess current and future fertilizer supply, through authoritative and objective forecasts;
- Closely monitor developments that may impact plant nutrient production, distribution and trade and assist in the development of fact-based industry positions;
- Interact with relevant organizations to gather and promote science- and fact- based information regarding nutrient products, markets and industries;
- Highlight the fertilizer industry’s contributions to meet growing food demand through capital investments responsible use of natural resources and commitment to smooth, open and faire international trade.
The Committee prepares comprehensive statistical reports on production and international trade of raw materials, intermediates and fertilizer and global capacity surveys. Detailed PIT statistics are available online in IFA dedicated web pages, for IFA members only. Twice a year, the Secretariat prepares authoritative market outlook reports on fertilizer supply and supply/demand balances.
The Committee organizes for all IFA members the annual IFA Production and International Trade Conference with a programme of keynote presentations on relevant topics of interest to the international fertilizer industry community.
Members of the Committee and its Secretariat are actively involved in several international fertilizer working groups and participate in ad-hoc task forces on specific issues relevant to the mandate of the Committee and interest of IFA members.